Wednesday night kitchen fire in Galesburg causes an estimated $20K in damages

0
2

GALESBURG (WEEK) – No injuries were reported after the Galesburg Fire Department responded to a kitchen fire in a multi-unit apartment building.

Crews responded to the 600 block of S. Academy St. at approximately 5:21 pm Wednesday night.

Light smoke was found coming from the roof of the building.

Battalion Chief Donald Brackett extinguished the kitchen fire, which appeared to be unintentionally caused by cooking.

The estimated damages are set at $20K.

The post Wednesday night kitchen fire in Galesburg causes an estimated $20K in damages appeared first on WEEK.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here