CHILLICOTHE (WEEK) — A Chillicothe resident was injured Tuesday morning while trying to put out a fire at the home in the 600 block of Bradley, according to the city’s fire chief.
The resident was sent to the hospital with burn injuries, according to Chillicothe Fire Protection District officials.
The smoke and flames were contained to a section of the house and garage, but Chief Marvin Roderick said the resident attempted to put out the fire before calling 911.
“By all means, don’t try and put it out yourself,” said Roderick.
Crews first responded to the blaze at around 10:15 a.m. Tuesday.
Mutual aid was called in due to the heat, which included engines from Dunlap, Princeville and Lacon.
The American Red Cross was called to the scene to find housing for the family.
The post One person injured in Chillicothe house fire Tuesday morning appeared first on WEEK.