2 held without bond in shooting of 2-year-old in Chicago

0
3

CHICAGO (AP) — Two men are being held without bond in connection with the shooting of a 2-year-old girl who was riding in an SUV with her family last week in Chicago. Cook County prosecutors say 21-year-old Rodolfo Irigoyen was driving the vehicle from which 18-year-old David Contreras fired the shot that wounded the girl on May 14. Prosecutors said Friday the two men believed they were targeting rival gang members. Contreras is charged with attempted murder, aggravated battery with a firearm and unlawful use of a loaded weapon. Irigoyen is charged with aggravated battery with a firearm. A bullet was removed from the girl’s kneecap. Murphy says the girl is expected to recover, but will need additional surgery.

The post 2 held without bond in shooting of 2-year-old in Chicago appeared first on WEEK.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here