Grease left on stove leads to overnight apartment fire in Peoria

0
5

PEORIA (WEEK) — Fire officials say grease left unattended on a stove is what led to an apartment fire in Peoria early Saturday morning.

Firefighters were called to 2138 N Wisconsin Avenue around 2:15 a.m. regarding smoke in the building.

Upon arrival, crews saw fire and smoke coming from the upstairs window of the two-story, two-unit apartment complex.

Officials say the occupant of the apartment was already outside when they arrived on scene and had suffered a minor burn on their arm.

Crews evacuated a second tenant for safety purposes, but there were no major injuries reported.

Crews put the fire out quickly and used a fan to clear smoke from the area.

Investigators estimate the cost of the damages is around $15,000.

The post Grease left on stove leads to overnight apartment fire in Peoria appeared first on WEEK.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here